Are you a Fallout 4 gamer frustrated with the low FPS drops in certain areas? Worry not as we have prepared detailed instructions tested by passionate gamers to help you fix the low FPS issue. Learn from our experts’ convenient tips and get your game running at full speed again – no prior technical knowledge is required! Rejoice in smooth playtime, and improved visuals, and take advantage of previously unplayable sections of the game thanks to our trusted & tested fixes for Fallout 4 FPS fix. Get ready for an enjoyable gaming experience.
Test Your System’s Configuration
Before we get into the fixing techniques for Fallout 4 FPS, one must check all the system requirements so that we may know prior what is the main root cause for the problem. However, Fallout 4 PC performance issues are the most ordinary problem that every other user comes across. Don’t worry. It’s common to have Fallout 4 low fps on high-end PC. So, let’s check what requirement you need to fulfill for Fallout 4.
- Windows 10/8/7 at least 64-bit required
- Intel Core processor i5-2300 2.8GHz
- A memory card of at least 8 GB is required
- At least 30 GB of free space
- Graphics Memory: 2 GB
Playing a video game always comes with a lot of hassles. You can see all these troubles in other games as well. One of the most popular games, Warzone also comes with FPS drop issues. If you have all these things on your PC, it is not an issue with the system. There must be other things that we will be going to address in the further blog. Keep reading!
5 Techniques For Fallout 4 FPS Fix
If you fulfill all the above requirements, then don’t worry about resolving the problem. Here’s a full step-wise guide that will help to perform the Fallout 4 FPS fix. But before that, let’s know why FPS drop in between. but the answer is unending. However, there are various reasons responsible for the low FPS rate in Fallout 4. Low internet, Inadequate bandwidth, ISP Quality, Firewall settings, etc. Without wasting much time, Let’s dive into the troubleshooting methods.
1. Built-in Vsync
Fallout 4 has a unique feature of built-in Vsync, through which you can manage the frame rate without any third-party software such as an FPS unlocker. However, you can fix the frame rate to the highest 30 FPS, but if you try to exceed the limit, then you will face some glitches because of exceeding the limit. Thus, you will need to turn it off. Let’s get into the simple steps to turn off the Vsync of Fallout 4.
- First, you need to turn off the game completely. Even from the task manager as well.
- Next, you need to press the Windows key + E to open file explorer.
- Click on the documents and then on the games.
- Here, you will need to locate Fallout 4 and then ‘Fallout4Prefs.ini’ file.
- Right-click on it and open it with an editing app. You can open it with a notepad most suitable for it.
- In the notepad window, you can see ‘iPresentInterval’ written as 1. You will need to replace it with 0.
- Save it by pressing Ctrl + S. Repeat the same process with the file ’Fallout 4.ini and Fallout4_Default.ini.’
Well, this is it for the first method. If you have done the above steps, then you must check the game if the low FPS has been increased. But if the issue persists, then you must get on with the next method.
2. God Ray Technique
God ray technique is one of the most significant ways to boost Fallout 4 FPS. If you have a higher god rays value then you’re likely to have more drops while playing. This is also known as volumetric lighting. Thus, you would need to turn it off in order to boost Fallout 4 FPS. so let’s check the steps below through which you can actually perform the Fallout 4 FPS fix.
- You need to open sky explorer by pressing the Windows logo key + E.
- Open a file name called ‘Fallout4Custom.ini’ and try to open it with an editing app. (Notepad recommended)
- Now, locate ‘sStartingConsoleCommand’ and make you make a change and write it off, for example, ‘sStartingConsoleCommand=gr off’, and make sure to save the changes.
Hence, this way, you will be able to turn off the god ray or volumetric lighting. Hope this method has helped you to have a smoother experience in the game.
3. Close All Processes from the Task Manager
If there are too many tasks and functions running on your computer, then this can slow down the speed of every functioning app. Thus, you will need to cool down your computer to make it perform well. So, let’s check how we can end every task from the task manager.
- After closing every app, Click Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- This way, you’ll see the task manager opening on the next screen.
- Select all the unnecessary apps running in the background.
- Now, click on the end task to end all the functions from your computer.
It’s the time when the process of cooling down your PC has been completed. Launch the game and check whether the issue has been reduced or not. If the Fallout 4 low FPS fix has not been successful then you must jump on the next method.
4. Turn off the Vibration and Controller Settings
Various users have reported that they have reported Fallout 4 bad performance and low FPS when the vibration feature is on. Thus, turning it off helps to reduce the issue. So let’s check how one can turn it off in a few easy steps.
- Launch the game Fallout 4 and go to the pause menu.
- Here you can see the setting option. Click on it.
- Click on the gameplay tab and search for the vibration option.
- Turn it off and start playing your game again.
If still the issue persists, you may check either method. Maybe the reason for the low FPS is something else.
5. Reduce Raw Distance
Reducing raw distance can help you to perceive a smoother game as it will take less from your PC and also be light on a high-end PC. Thus, you may lower the raw distance. Let’s see how you can reduce the raw distance in your game.
- First, you need to launch the game and go to the in-game launcher.
- Here, you need to lower various parameters to have a well-versed experience.
- Next, one of the most prominent is ‘item’ that can help you to boost FPS or to perform a Fallout 4 FPS fix. You must reduce it to 3.
- Simply by clicking the ‘-’ tab, you can reduce the value.
- Make sure you click on accept to save the changes.
Another item is ‘objects’; you will need to fix it too at 3. Do the same with other parameters as well. Such as ‘actors’ and ‘shadows.’
6. Use Third-party Software
Using third-party software can dramatically help you to boost the Fallout 4 PC performance issues. Not only Fallout 4 FPS drop is fixed by it, but it can also fix Skyrim FPS drop as well; it is applicable to every other game as well. Fallout 4 FPS unlock is truly an exceptional tool that can help you to increase your FPS rate. Thus, let’s see how one can actually use an FPS unlocker.
- Go to the official site of FPS unlocker and download the latest version.
- Make sure you already have the WinRar Application to open this file.
- After completing the download and installation, you must launch the game.
- Press Shift + F5 to open the tool in between in the game.
- Thus, a prompt will come up where you need to manually fix the frame rate.
If Fallout 4 fps drops after a while, then you can perform this method. Through this, you can simply unlock any frame rate. For your information, the maximum rate that you can fix is 200 FPS. 200 Frame rate per second is known to be very fast. Thus, for this frame rate, you will need to be a pro player of Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 is one of the most popular games available on the internet around the globe. But it comes with various pitfalls. To rescue you, we have provided you with some top techniques that you can use to eliminate all the errors and stutters. However, we hope that the above techniques have helped you to perform the Fallout 4 FPS fix. If you still have any confusion in your head, then you must get back to us.
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. How to perform a Fallout 4 FPS fix?
Ans. Fixing Fallout 4 FPS is very easy. You can follow our above methods to fix dropping FPS. However, one of the most trusted and tested methods is the FPS unlocker. Through this, you can simply unlock any frame rate.
Q2. Why is the FPS so low in Fallout 4?
Ans. If the FPS is low while playing, then the reason can be multiple, from your PC’s lack to the game’s pitfalls. It majorly depends on your PC. You can check the above guide for clearer insight.
Q3. How to improve FPS in Fallout 4 PC?
Ans. If you want to improve the FPS rate in Fallout 4, then you must try improving your system by adding storage or deleting unnecessary files. There are other third-party tools as well that you can use to boost your FPS dramatically and you are done with the process to fix low FPS issue in Fallout 4.