Are you a fan of League of Legends? If so, you’re likely familiar with the frustrating experience of experiencing low framerate and choppy gaming as soon as you get into the game. While reducing lag can be tricky because there are several factors that lead to it, we have great news – performance issues can often be solved! In this post, we’ll show you how to fix League of Legends FPS drop and eliminate any lags or stutters that may be disrupting your enjoyment. From optimizing graphics settings for smoother gameplay to troubleshooting driver problems, we’ll cover all the bases so that you can start playing like a pro once again. So without further ado, let’s dive right into it!
Troubleshooting Ways To Fix FPS Drop
If you are also struggling with the issue of league of legends FPS drop, then the further section will help you to eliminate the issue of FPS drops. Errors and buffering in between the entertainment is one of the most irritating things that you will come across. But why does it happen? It happens because of bad ISP quality, low internet speed, less bandwidth, improper firewall settings, and your geographical location. However, let’s check the easy tricks and tweaks to troubleshoot the issue of FPS drop.
1. Close Unused, Unnecessary Apps
Extra apps in the background consume your PC more than currently working apps. Thus, you are required to close unwanted apps this way; your CPU can work well and focus on the primary function it is required to do. To play League of legends without FPS drop, you must close all the working apps. Now, you must be stuck on how you can close additional unused apps. So here are the steps that you can follow to improve your performance.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. This way, you can trigger your task manager.
- Now, a list will come up where you can see all the unnecessary in-use apps.
- In the process tab, you can manage and end apps that you don’t want to function in the background.
- After selecting the app, you may click on the end task option coming up on your screen.
Here’s how you can improve the overall functionality of your PC. Thus, you must check the game to see whether it has started functioning well or not.
2. FPS Unlocker
Another way out of the problem of low fps league of legends is the FPS unlocker. This is definitely going to help you in every possible way. You just need to download this tool and manage your FPS rate. You can do this even while playing. However, FPS Unlocker is a tool that helps increase the game’s FPS rate. Through this tool, you can manually change the rate and get a delightful experience while playing. Let’s check the easy steps to get an FPS unlocker.
- Go to the official page of FPS Unlocker.
- Download the latest version of the unlocker for .exe Windows.
- To use it between games, you need to press Shift + F5.
- Here you can manage the FPS rates to what you want and what your system may allow.
3. Delete Temporary files
Deleting temporary files can help your PC to perform in an improved manner, no matter in the game or other functions performed by it. For your information, Windows creates some unnecessary files while functioning with day-to-day tasks; these files may lead your PC to malfunction. Hence you will need to delete all of this unwanted cache from your computer. So, let’s check the easy steps by which you can delete your temporary files.
- First, you must trigger the run box by pressing the Window logo key and R.
- You must type %temp% in the run box typing bar. Click Enter to continue.
- You can locate the folder for temporary files. Select all by pressing Ctrl + A.
- Right-click and select the delete all option.
- After deleting them all, you must also delete them from the recycle bin. To do so, open the recycle bin.
- Select all by pressing Ctrl + A and delete all by pressing Ctrl +D together.
If you get an option where a pop-up occurs and says that “action can not be completed,” then you must skip that and continue the action with the current files. After doing the above steps, you must check whether the game league of legends fps has improved or not.
4. Improve DNS Settings
Sometimes a DNS setting can be a reason why league of legends FPS drop and your game becomes slow. Upgrading DNS settings can help you to eliminate the issue of low fps league of legends. Hence, you can improve your DNS settings by simple steps as follows.
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows key + R together.
- Type control to open the control panel.
- Click on the “Network and Internet” option. Then click “Network & sharing center.”
- Now, you’ll be able to locate the option “connection.” Now press properties. (Click on properties irrespective of your connection, whether it is ethernet, wired connection, or wi-fi)
- Tap Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) on its properties.
- Here, you can change your DNS server by manually typing the DNS server address. You can use the following address to type.
Preferred DNS server, type – 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS server, type – 188.8.131.52
5. Improving Internet Service
One of the major reasons for the most prominent issue of the league of legends low FPS is a slow internet connection. Slow internet is likely to cause buffering and FPS drops in the game. So you must ensure a consistent internet connection to enjoy the delightful experience of playing the video game. Here we have divided this section into two parts to make this point more rational.
Using a Wired Connection
If you use a wired connection, your game will perform better. A standard internet connection such as wi-fi can cause inconsistency or stuttering problems, and you may face FPS drops. Hence, a wired connection is more consistent and frequent than a wi-fi connection or any other connection. Thus, we advise you to use a wired connection whenever you play any video game.
A network driver is essential in making your connection more robust and stable. Thus, you must update your network drivers timely. And, if you haven’t done it for an extended period, then you must update them right away.
All in all, we hope that this guide was helpful to you and resolved your League of Legends FPS drop problem. If not, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us for additional support. We know how important it is for you to be able to play the game without lag or FPS issues and we’ll be more than happy to help where we can.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Why is my FPS dropping in League of Legends?
Ans. There can be various reasons responsible for the FPS drop in the league of legends game. Let’s look at them in the pointer below:
- Inefficient internet
- Inadequate bandwidth
- ISP quality
- Improper firewall settings
Q2. How to fix League of Legends FPS drops?
Ans. There are multiple methods through which you can perform a fix of FPS drops. However, the most effective method for fixing FPS drops is the FPS unlocker. This tool is specially designed to increase the dropped rate of FPS. Another method that you can use is to enhance your internet quality by using a wired connection or upgrading the DNS setting and dropping graphic quality.
Q3. What is the best FPS rate for league of legends?
Ans. The best rate for league of legends is between 50 to 60 FPS. But, if you have an FPS rate of lower than 30, then it would be meant to be a bad FPS rate. However, if you are a hardcore player, then you would also like to play at a 75 FPS rate. Hence, you can manage the FPS rate with the FPS Unlocker tool. Through this tool, you can manage the FPS rate manually. Also, you can fix it to the highest of 200 FPS.
Q4. Does RAM affect the FPS rate of League of legends?
Ans. Yes, surely it does. A low RAM can affect your FPS rate. Hence you must have a good storage space to play the game. However, adding more RAM to your PC can help you to have a more satisfying gaming experience.